Thursday, October 21, 2010

CVS, Rite Aid, and Harvey's shopping 10/19/10

I had a successful shopping trip on Tuesday.  They were sold out of some items, so I had to adjust my shopping a little while in the store.  It took a little longer, but I think I done well.  I am going to try my best to remember the coupons that I used at each store.  Here is the run down of my trip:
CVS
40 Mentos gum 15 ct, on sale BOGO
1 Schick Hydro 3 razor, on sale $8.99, get $5 ECBs
2 Beneful dog food 56 oz, on sale $4.99

Used:
$10 off $50 purchase that printed from the Red coupon box that day.
40- $1 off Mentos coupons
$4 off Schick Hydro 3 razor
2- $2 off any Beneful dog food.

I paid $0.38 and saved $98.90.  I also got back $5 ECBs from the razor and $1 for my green bag tag.  If you don't know about the green bag tag, you buy the tag (usually located near the registers and reusable bag section) for $0.99.  Each time you go in and use a reusable shopping bag, they scan your bag tag.  Every 4th visit, you earn $1 ECBs.  I take a huge bag my sister-in-law gave me earlier this year.  You would be amazed at how many times I have filled that bag on a trip to CVS for almost no out of pocket expense.

Rite Aid
2 Arm & Hammer laundry detergent 25 loads
2 Clearasil Daily cleansing pads 90 ct.
1 Advil 24ct.
1 Cottonelle wipes 42 ct.
1 ThermoCare HeatWrap 1 ct.
2 Ace cold compress 1 ct.
1 Parents magazine November issue.

Used
$5 off $25 purchase Rite-Aid coupon
1 Free Advil coupon I received in mail
1 Free Cottonelle wipes coupon I received in mail
$1 off Cottonelle wipes (Rite Aid video coupon)
2- $1.50 off Ace cold or hot compress coupon (internet coupon)
$1 off 2 Arm & Hammer laundry products coupon
$1 off any Thermocare (Rite Aid video coupon)
2- $2 off Clearasil product from Rite Aid weekly ad
2- $2 off Clearasil internet coupon
$5 in Up Rewards

I used a $10 Rite Aid gift card I had received for buying $25 in KimberlyClark products last month to pay for my shopping trip.  I didn't pay anything out of pocket, and I still have a $4.95 balance on my gift card.  I will also get a $2.99 single check rebate for the ThermaCare heat wrap.  I didn't include this in my savings, b/c I will tally that at the end of the month.

Harveys
2 BlueBell ice cream 1/2 gallon
4 store brand tator tots 2 lb

Used
2- $1 off BlueBell ice cream

I paid $9.36 for my items.  I can't really calculate my savings other than the $2 in coupons, b/c the tator tots were a discontinued item that was marked down to $1.09.  I'm not sure what the original price would have been. 

The total out of pocket for all three stores was $9.74.  I saved $147.97 and earned $6 ECBs to spend at another time. 



Couponing_sig

1 comment:

Goin_Coastal said...

LOVING this new blog! Keep the tips and "training" coming. We all need it!