Thursday, May 26, 2011

My coupon binder

I started out with a 3" heavy duty binder, but it wasn't a zipper binder.  I was constantly dropping coupons from the top.  Now I have a 3" Case-It zipper binder with a shoulder strap.  I must say it is much easier now to transport.  In the front zipper compartment, I keep a calculator, pen, scissors, and some of my business cards.  In the file compartment, I have weekly ads, coupon booklets I have found in the store, and Internet coupons I haven't had time to cut.  I also keep my pencil case containing my store loyalty cards and coupons I have pulled to use in the store that I'm in at the time.  The zipper compartment inside the binder holds coupons I have found while in the store, loyalty cards to different businesses, rebate forms I have found while shoppers, etc.



My categories were very general in the beginning. (Examples: Baby supplies, Toiletries, Medicines, Cleaners)  After I while I was sick of having to search through the entire toiletries category for the razor coupon I knew I had, so I broke the categories into more specific sections.  Here is a list:

Store coupons specific to each store I shop
Baby supplies
Razors
Shaving cream
Deodorant
Soap/Body wash
Body lotion/Sunscreen
Shampoo/Conditioner
Hair styling products
Hair color
Facial products
Makeup/Nail polish
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes
Mouthwash
Dental floss
Teeth whiteners
Feminine products
Personal care
Pain relievers
Vitamins
Cold/Allergy/Sinus
Stomach meds
Sleep aids
Eye drops
Wound care
Diabetic care
Laundry detergent
Fabric softner/Dryer sheets
Laundry pretreat
Dish detergent
Dishwasher detergent
Multipurpose cleaners
Cleaning tools
Furniture cleaning products
Bathroom cleaners
Upholestry/Carpet cleaners
Glade products
Air Wick products
Febreeze products
Toilet paper
Paper towels
Tissues
Trashbags
Storage/Freezer bags
Plastic containers
Plates/Cups/Napkins
Baking supplies
Boxed Meals
Potatoes
Bread
Rice/Pasta
Pancake mix
Brownies/Cake/Cookie/Muffin Mix
Gravy Mix
Meats
Breakfast foods (cold)
Yogurt/Ice cream
Breads (cold)
Desserts
Frozen meals
Dairy
Veggies
Cereals
Snacks
Tea/Juice/Coffee
Cans/Jars/Bottles
Spices/Seasonings
Misc.
Restaurants
Pet supplies


Yes, I do know I have a lot of categories, but it makes filing and finding the coupons so much easier!!  To label the categories, I bought the repositionable Post-it tabs. 



Couponing_sig

1 comment:

Katherin said...

You're awesome :)